Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Recap: Orange & Pink!


This weekend I got to go do a partial install at my favorite client’s home. You see a couple of months ago I had a meeting with an almost 10 yr old little lady. Turns out all she wanted for her 10th birthday was to get a new room. So I was brought in and we had a design consult and discussed her likes/dislikes and over all design styles.
Here is what her room looked like when I first arrived:
There was a little too much pink, flowers and country style furniture for my little client’s current needs.
We are still waiting on a couple of things to arrive, but here is what we ended up with on Saturday:
I love all of the hand painted pieces that my client has in her room:
We decided on a new color palette of orange/white/bright pink. When I first met with my client she actually wanted a white lacquered walls! My kind of girl. We couldn’t get the okay on that, but we did have the walls painted an almost white shade and then had a bit of fun with an orange stripe. Paper lanterns were also high on her list so I had to make sure I had those on hand this weekend.
We switched out most of the furniture in the room, but the desk had to stay so it got a little face lift and a stylish new chair.
Yes, totally jealous that my little client has a ghost chair and I don’t.
We also needed a little hang out nook so we went a bit retro and did a bean bag chair and a modern pod side table. The paper lanterns are floating over the chair.
A big plus to the new room design was going from a twin bed to a full sized bed. You can’t imagine how excited she was about that. We are still waiting on the mattress, but here is a little peak:
Custom artwork is also a must have so I went with a budget friendly option and picked up this print by Jen atMade by Girl.
Don’t worry it’s going to get hung over this piece once it arrives.
The traditional window valances also needed to disappear. We wanted to keep things chic and simple so we did this instead:
It was a really easy DIY project that I’m going to blog about tomorrow.
A couple of pieces are still missing, but the over all look has now taken over the room and we had a very happy client on our hands as we were leaving.
How was your weekend?

10 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

You guys did an incredible job!

April 1, 2011 at 12:47 PM  
Anonymous minerva @ real estate park city utah said...

I love for myself a lot of paper lanterns, too! Absolutely adore them! :D I love the result of your decoration, so adorable and would best suit a little client. :D

December 10, 2011 at 6:38 AM  
Blogger Rashon Carraway said...

such a great tutorial!


Mr. Goodwill Hunting

May 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM  
Blogger seo said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles,

I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work...

real estate park city uth

July 4, 2012 at 4:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I believe the previous bloggers are probably directly, That's magnificent, continue to keep that right up I will be wanting to get the up coming blog! west africa gold exploration

January 30, 2013 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you somuch for sharing this information
packers and movers in thane

April 3, 2014 at 5:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you somuch for sharing this information
packers and movers in thane

April 3, 2014 at 5:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Always I am prefering this web site for this information, and recommend to my friends also.
Packers And Movers Kalyan

May 14, 2014 at 5:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually Iam searching for this information for one week, finally i have got it here. Thank you
Packers And Movers Airoli

May 14, 2014 at 6:02 AM  
Anonymous khasiat agaricpro said...

beautiful pictures
Khasiat Agaricpro Obat Herbal Penurun Darah Tinggi Obat Herbal Ambeien Akut Obat Herbal Batu Empedu Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Sinusitis Kronis Obat Herbal Tumor Otak Jinak Obat Herbal Wasir Kronis Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Liver Kronis Paling Ampuh Obat Herbal Bronkitis Kronis Obat Herbal Usus Buntu Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Eksim Paling Ampuh Obat Herbal Gagal Ginjal Kronis

March 15, 2015 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home