Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fig & Olive


One of the best parts of my weekend was getting to check out Fig & Olive in the meatpacking district for restaurant week.
Fig & Olive is inspired by the coastal regions of France, Spain and Italy and I must say I really did feel like I took a little vacation during my time there.
I felt like I was walking into a Nancy Myer’s movie and immediately the wheels in my head starting turning with ideas on how to recreate the look in your own home.
Check out the beauty:

{Love all of the open shelving and use of chalkboard paint throughout the restaurant.}
{Statement lighting and pop of color on the ceiling!}
{The walls were concrete all throughout the space and two massive walls house thyme.}
{Favorite part of the design was the beautiful pressed herb/plant artwork in floating frames against the concrete wall with linen drapes to the side. Love all of it! }
Recreate the look yourself:
1. All of the walls in the restaurant were concrete. That’s a bit hard to add to your own home, but you can get the same color as concrete by using Benjamin Moore Aganthus Green.
2. Don’t forget that ceilings are the fifth wall of a room. Think outside the box and paint it a creamy orange shade. My favorite is Orange Cream by Valspar.
3. The best part of the restaurant was the clean/organic vibe it gave off. Line up some of these vases on a mantle and clip some branches from your yard instead of blooms.
4. Statement lighting! Go big or go home and for only $89.99 it won’t break the bank.
5. Since you can’t get concrete/cement on the walls add a touch of texture with this planter.
6. The wall of herbs can easily be recreated with these.
7. Linen panels had an additional touch of texture to the space. These are my favorite and they are currently on sale.
8. Floating frames from one of my favorite frame source.
9. Amazing source for pressed flowers and herbs. Most varieties are around $4 for 20 pieces.
While the decor was delightful their dishes were delish!
Yummy! I would totally recommend it to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home