Thursday, August 12, 2010

Open House: John's Journal

Maria has been a long time reader of this blog and due to her lovely comments I found her blog! It is a source of contact inspiration and I'm happy to share her home with you today. 

Here is her chic living room that I pretty much love everything in it. Can totally see myself at home here:






Highlights:
-I think I will always love gallery walls. Also love that each piece a special meaning.
-Zig-Zag rug
-Swoon worthy Lucite coffee table

Fireplace wall:



Highlights:
-Bamboo Chairs from Pier 1
-Artwork by IKEA that is hung on L brackets and hides their flat screen TV!

Opposite the sofa we have these lovely ladies:



From behind the left ikat chair we can see a peek of animal print. You know me I think every home should have one and Maria whipped out her DIY skills to make this:



A little wood, zebra contact paper and nailhead trim was all it took! DIY instructions here



Gideon's room:



Highlights:
-Maria's dads boat maps were cut up and framed.
-Fun swing from IKEA

Master Bedroom:

What a serene and glamourous retreat.



Highlights:
-Show stopping lighting fixture that was a Candice Olsen find from Overstock.
-Large x-bench at foot of bed.
-Monogram on bedding! I love the special touch that a monogram gives to a piece. It makes it more personal and can help achieve a certain vibe/look depending on what font you pick. If given the opportunity I'm certain I would monogram everything around me. No one would be safe. :)

I spied this piece at IKEA a couple of weeks ago and I've been itching to use it. Love how it looks in this space!



What a beautiful home full of charm and glam! A big thanks to Maria for sharing with us!

If you are interested in featuring your home email me at cpavone0107@gmail.com

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Maria Johns said...

Thanks so much Camila for all your sweet words and your continued inspiration through your work and blog, its been so fun following you!

August 12, 2010 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger kayce hughes said...

So fun to see! Thanks.

August 12, 2010 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

How does she watch tv? Does the artwork come down/slide over?

August 12, 2010 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Karena said...

Wonderful and I also love the painting above the Zebra Console. LOvely home!

Come and enter my Latest Giveaway!!

Karena
Art by Karena

August 12, 2010 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Loved seeing all the mix & match of fabrics! Thanks for sharing!

August 12, 2010 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Simony said...

Maria has talent! She was able to mix so many textures and colors and make it all come together looking good!
I love to paint skies, and that picture above the zebra console won my heart! Beautiful furniture and gorgeous chandelier above the bed!

I would love to enter my house. Should I send you some pictures by email and see if you would like to share it with your readers? Please, let me know.

August 12, 2010 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Maria Johns said...

Hey guys, I forgot to mention where the painting above the zebra table is from....believe it or not Homegood for under $50, I LOVE it too and get a lot of questions on it!! The art above the tv has just one L bracket screwed in upside down adn we just lift it right off to watch tv, no problems. lightweight artwork is key!

August 12, 2010 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

She did such a wonderful job of decorating. Love the zebra table. Great idea.
Teresa (Splendid Sass)

August 12, 2010 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

I loved the master bedroom. I could see myself spending all day in that bed. The whole house is beautiful!

August 12, 2010 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger diane@onlinefabricstore said...

excellent example of how to mix patterns. cute home!

August 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Gray Skies said...

I knew that zebra console looked familiar! When I saw that DIY article on Design Sponge, I immediately bookmarked it for future use!

August 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger B said...

I am in love with that lucite coffee table. I am dying for a lucite chair and posted about it today! :) great post.

August 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Gorgeous! What a wonderful peek into a glamorous home!

August 12, 2010 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger LiveLikeYou said...

I'm still getting over how fantastic that DIY project is.

August 13, 2010 at 1:35 AM  
Anonymous Living Livelier said...

Kudos for the TV artwork set up Maria! I think that is fantastic!
Deb

August 13, 2010 at 6:57 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I want those bamboo chairs, heading to Pier I right now to see if they are still available.

August 16, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home