Thursday, February 5, 2009

A girl after my own heart

Confession time. I'm quite the magazine junkie and during my last trip to Barnes and Noble I actually picked up a copy of TEEN VOGUE. Ok so I'm 27 and no longer in my teens, but the mini size of it along with the great jewelry on the cover and it was an easy sell.

I actually enjoyed it and found lots of amazing items that are in my price range. Fabulous. I kept on reading and found a great article on fashion bloggers and was re-introduced to Jane from Sea of Shoes who I had originally found due to the stylish Megan.

Jane is a 16 year old Texan that has a love of fashion with a great sense of style along with a fascination for shoes!

In the Teen Vogue article she explains her love for shoes, "There's something really compelling about shoes. I collect them and keep them on shiny shelves, like miniature works of art."

I loved how shoes were works of art to her, because I agree with her as well and they provide a great accessory to a room.

Take a peek at here room:



How amazing do her shelves look? I think it's a great use of the space, it adds color and interest and it's a perfect alternative to a traditional teen girls room. This looks like the room of a young woman and shows off her sense of style and what she loves without venturing off into being cheesy. I think we have a bit of a decorator on are hands along with a stylista.

While Jane loves to dress in thrift store finds when it comes to her shoes she means business and her shelves are filled with designer names. So I go onto her site to oh and ah, because her picks are not in my budget.

Enter the Gap and we common folks can now enjoy a bit of high end design. Pierre Hardy a well know designer in the accessory world who began his career with Christian Dior has designed a new shoe for his collaboration with the Gap.

For $98 this can be yours:



Reviews are still mixed on them. I'm not sure how I feel.I like the straps and the height, but I'm not loving the white base and that they are plastic.

What do you think?

One thing I'm sure of is that I want to make a trip to Texas and get a peek into Jane's closet and perhaps borrow some shoes. I hope she's a 7 and a half!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE teen vogue about as much as I love "mama" vogue

February 6, 2009 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

you're a 7 and a half!! cinderella! haha (i'm 8.5 arg)

not loving the gap ones too much. I think you guys would all be so disappointed in my clothes shopping trip today: I was really set on finding some trendier/ higher-end items but i ended up finding sweats & pjs at Gap and Pink (my guilty pleasure!) I wear sweats almost every day (before I leave the house) so I just can't fight them & got some cute ones.

But i am in srious need of some fashion inspiration! ahhhh help!

February 6, 2009 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger Kwana said...

I'm so jealous of 16 year old that is very bad. She has so much style and a way better closet than me.

I'm not sure I could walk properly in those shoes. I'm so klutzy.

February 6, 2009 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger The Steel Magnolia House said...

oh man, i found that blog a while back and haven't ventured back since...2 hours later my eyes were hurting because i had been sitting there so long going, "what the hell, a 16 year old really lives like this!!" but, of course, kept reading, nonetheless...

February 7, 2009 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Raina Cox said...

I just wrote a long rant about said teen and conspicuous consumption, but I guess someone has to keep Tamara Mellon employed.

February 7, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always amazed at how fresh and fashion forward the content of teen vogue is! I wish they'd had something that cool when I was in high school. i do find myself feeling irritated towards a 16 year old with such an awesome wardrobe but I think it's mostly sour grapes talking!

February 8, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home